Thursday, August 20, 2009

Product Review: Coconut Milk


Purchase from: local grocery story

Consistency: creamy and messy

Value for Price: 5 stars

Scent: Yummy if you like coconut milk

Review:

Pros: cheap, smells yummy, soft hair
Cons: messy to apply, not a DEEP conditioner in my opinion

Since I finished my Hairveda deep conditioner and I have not replenished that or bought anything else I decided to give the coconut milk treatment a chance. Simply, it is coconut milk applied to the hair as a deep conditioner. I applied it before my regular wash routine. I added two tablespoons of olive oil to 1 cup of GOYA coconut milk. In my bathtub(very messy), I then mixed the two together and applied the concoction on my strands. I covered with a shower cap and wrapped a towel around my hair; I allowed it to penetrate into my strands for an hour. When I rinsed it out my hair felt OKAY. Not all that. I then continued with my usual routine but decided to give the Earthly Delight poo and conditioner another go round. End result? Soft, moisturized, hair. I was shocked because previously these products had left my hair very dry and rough to the touch. The only thing I had changed was pre-pooing with the coconut milk. I was surprisingly pleased.

Purchase again? Probably since it isn't expensive and is natural. I think this would be a great pre-poo. I would love to try it with some honey and avocado oil.

2 comments:

  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO